Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Project Life 365 And Some Great Tips I've Collected From The Web

How is every body doing so far with their Project Life or Project 52/365? So far I'm in my fourth week now. I took these photos using my iphone. Yeah I know, I'm so lazy picking up my camera. I blame it on my computer. I'm still not used to my desktop. And I still have this weird feeling about my ehd. I think it might fail me again :( Well anyway, my iphone is very handy after all. And I can camouflage and pretend that I'm not taking photos of my kid, strangers, food at the diners etc. Tee hee!!

As I surfed the world wide web, I found a lot of tips and tricks on how to complete your Project with pride and less stress. I trimmed them down into 5 points. This might work for you.

1. There will be days when you might NOT have photos taken. Yep, that's the reality. You can use an alternative. Like journaling with no photos at all. Those that are used to their camera like me with get tired (too) of bringing their heavy equipment with them, use your phone.

2. You might skip some months, continue when you're ready. Yep, I've ready (I think) 4 blogs whose authors had this kind of skip problem. They say that it mostly happen when you're just starting. That might really happen to me and I have to ready myself :)

3. If one page is not enough, use a second page or a third page. Hey I love to tell a lot of stories that my daughter would want to hear or read someday about how we conquer this day.

4. Search the web for freebies. One blog author says that you don't need to buy all the Becky Higgins stuff, you can find free stuff just search on the internet and choose what's going to fit on your page.

5. You can use a support group. Include your family in the process of your project so they know what you are doing and they can even help remind you to take photos or finish your page :) This is my favorite part :) There's also an advice about joining a group of people doing the Project. I joined Project Life Support group on Facebook and I regularly read the Project Life 365 on Facebook too.

And I also use a couple of applications on my phone. I find them very useful.

1. Awesome Note (iphone app - free)
It's an all in one organizer from your to-do list to shopping and event checklist, calendar and daily journal. What I like about this one is that it is the same with my journal except that this one's on my phone :)

2. Evernote (iphone app - free)
I have this on my laptop, I have this on my desktop and I now have it on my phone. You can open this anywhere and anytime. Great for copy+paste of your documents, journaling, layouts from your desktop or laptop.

3. Collect: Photo A Day (iphone app - free)
There's a paid version of this called Day 1. I'm so tempted to buy it but I think this one is useful as the other one. It's an application for those collecting photos a day. You click on the date, add a photo, your caption or title and the detailed notes or journaling. You can also tag your photos.

4. QR Reader (iphone app - free)
There are TONS of QR reader in the application store for free. You just have to find what's right for you. What's this for? An additional instrument to rock your Project pages girls! You've seen a lot of pages with text messages scanned and added to their pages, why not include a video of your kids or husband, that's memorable you want them to check someday. Thanks to the genius minds!! :) I've included a QR Code on one of my page, it's the 'concert' of my 2 1/2 year old daughter. And I love how it looks.

I hope you learned something on this post. Happy scrapping with your Project!!

No comments:

ALL TEXT AND IMAGES ON THIS BLOG ARE PROPERTY OF MY LIFE ON SCRAPBOOKS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. DISCLAIMER: AS A MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING CREATIVE TEAMS, I RECEIVE PRODUCTS FOR FREE IN RETURN FOR CREATING AND POSTING PROJECTS TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS. THANKS. Header and Siggy created using Showing Thanks by Blue Heart Scraps
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Detection