Monday, January 9, 2012

Realistic Kits

I have always admired those scrappers who are onto realistic kits like Eudora's kits, Leigh Penrod and other designers who make such kits. And One of the scrappers I love so much who's so good at scrapping these kinds is Anika. You know honestly, I'm very new when it comes to scrapping using realistic kits. I mean that all elements are realistic. It's not that I don't like them, I was just thinking that I might not be able to give justice to the kit. But I'd love to try. My very first trial was a kit by Rumki Designs called Thankful. really really cute kit and I got so excited because of its elements and all. Here's the preview and my layout.



And I had the chance to make a layout using a kit by Leigh Penrod called Sweet Memories. I also love the kit because it's pink, for my daughter, and I was able to practice again :) Here's the preview of the kit:


And here's what I was able to make:


On this second layout, I just changed the paper background, moved the positions of the clusters and remove the journaling. I'm planing on making two more layouts so I would be able to post @ the enabling thread of digiscrapaddicts. They require different layouts each day and I have to do this 20 times (unless
I use other means of enabling) hehe!

I think that those scrappers focus on shadows and the amount of shadow for each elements. I hope that I would be able to get used to this kind of kits as well :) Happy scrapping!!

No comments:

ALL TEXT AND IMAGES ON THIS BLOG ARE PROPERTY OF MY LIFE ON SCRAPBOOKS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. DISCLAIMER: AS A MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING CREATIVE TEAMS, I RECEIVE PRODUCTS FOR FREE IN RETURN FOR CREATING AND POSTING PROJECTS TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS. THANKS. Header and Siggy created using Showing Thanks by Blue Heart Scraps
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Detection