Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Third Photobook Printed Part 1

Oh my!!! I'm so excited to show you my 3rd photobook!! I'm just so so happy! If I haven't mentioned that I made some photobooks for my daughter (one for her 1st birthday guest book and one on her 1st year), I might have forgotten to, lol! So this is my 3rd time making and printing photobooks and each time, I learned something that I wished to share to you.

Here are some pointers should you wish to have your scrap pages printed:
1. Choose you size and layout.
Photobooks vary in sizes and layout. There's 8x8, 12x12, 8.5x11 and 10x10 depending on what each company offers. My 1st photobook is a 12x12 layout. I think it was too big so I changed the 2nd and 3rd to 8x8.

2. Choose the best photos.
Most of the time, we have tons of beautiful photos that we like to include on a page, and sometimes we get confused as to whether to use them all or just a few. It will be up to you. But please consider this: if you will use a photo as background like this one below, choose the one with good resolution or with the largest format. Just to avoid the grainy ish or noise.


3. Mind the bleed.
As explained by Persnickety Prints and I quote, bleed is the amount of space needed to print from edge to edge without a white border. To be sure about how much would be the amount of bleed that you have to consider on your page, ask the company where you will have your photobook printed.

4. Proofread.
You can do it yourself or you can ask your husband or friend or anyone you trust to do it for you. In my case, I asked my husband to proofread some of the pages for me. AND please! After proofreading, make sure that once you saved it in psd (if you are), save it in jpg format. That is what happened to me. I saved each pages in jpg and psd formats,I had the jpgs checked more than twice, edited the psd and save them in psd, but I forgot to save some of them in jpg. I still have the original jpg. Ugh!


5. Journaling/Title
Don't forget your jounaling, this is the best part! This is where you're telling the stories about the photos and the event. Or you could skip the journaling and use the Title to speak for the photos on your page.

And here is a list of some of the companies to choose from. FYI, my photobooks were printed locally.

Try to check and read for some reviews of these companies (and others) so you would know where you'd like your photobook printed. On my nest post I'll share to you the photos of my photobooks and some ideas as to what to scrap for your photobook. Happy scrapping!!

No comments:

ALL TEXT AND IMAGES ON THIS BLOG ARE PROPERTY OF MY LIFE ON SCRAPBOOKS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. DISCLAIMER: AS A MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING CREATIVE TEAMS, I RECEIVE PRODUCTS FOR FREE IN RETURN FOR CREATING AND POSTING PROJECTS TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS. THANKS. Header and Siggy created using Showing Thanks by Blue Heart Scraps
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Detection